Monday, January 4, 2016

A Child in the Sky

You don't know it, but sometimes I fall asleep with the TV on. I switch off my brain and turn on the television. I lay down on this dark green beanbag chair. I sink right in, even though it helps me keep an upright position. In a way, it reminds me of the cold, damp, sofa on which I used to lay in my basement.

Some nights are less tranquil than others, so I'll open my eyes to see what's on. There are an endless amount of channels to choose from, but I continue to click the remote until I click with something I'm really into.

And when I do, my mind is re-stimulated.
My ears perk up, and what my eyes consume illuminates my entire being.
I feel like a kid again.

It's like I'm in a room with a bunch of celebrities from my childhood.

It's amazing how a child in the sky can make a divine impact on you.

Never underestimate the power of nature, or the power of imagination.


No comments:

Post a Comment